Founded by the first United States Olympic team Chiropractor, Dr. George Goodheart, in 1964, Applied Kinesiology is a medical discipline used to aid in the detection of biochemical, mental, or structural imbalances in the body. It is used in combination with diagnostic techniques which may include x-ray, blood tests, urine analysis, physical exam saliva hormone test etc. Applied Kinesiology is an art form, as well as a science, that examines all three aspects of the patient structurally, chemically and emotionally.
The study of Applied Kinesiology trains a practitioner in the understanding of the body’s muscles how they contract and their resulting movement. Every joint in the body moves or doesn’t move based on the contraction of the muscles. Through Applied Kinesiology it can be determined which muscles are not properly activating and why there is resulting injury. Many injuries can be remedied by simply activating those muscles that are not functioning. This results in proper and faster healing for many types of injuries such as:
Lumbar Disc issues
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome
Chronic or Acute Ankle Sprains
Applied Kinesiology is a safe and noninvasive way of treating these types of conditions. Once the correct diagnosis is determined muscle testing is then further used to find the right treatment for that particular person and their particular problem. Types of treatments are:
Adjustments = the releasing of vertebral joints through applied manual movement
Reflex Therapy = treating of specific neurovascular, neruolymphatic, and visceral reflex points touch and trigger point therapy.
Acupressure = the syncing of acupuncture meridians through manual pressure
Nutritional Supplements = certain conditions require specific nutrients to aid in the healing process
For more than 50 years Applied Kinesiology has proven to be an effective tool for helping heal those with conditions and allowing doctors to do more good. Today Applied Kinesiology is quickly expanding outside of the United States and it is now close to having more certified doctors using it outside of the United States than inside. It is also expanding amongst other professionals in the field of medicine. While for many years it was mostly used by Chiropractors, there are now almost more Medical Doctors practicing Applied Kinesiology than Chiropractors.
- A Low Back Pain Study
- Fayetteville AR Back Pain Relief Done Naturally Through Chiropractic Therapy Techniques
- Fayetteville AR Neck Pain Alleviated Naturally With Chiropractic
- Fayetteville Chiropractor for Neck Pain - Chiropractic Wellness
- Chiropractic Wellness In Fayetteville AR, Provides Natural Solutions For Back Pain
Latest from Dr. Orie Quinn
- Chiropractic Wellness In Fayetteville AR, Puts A New Twist On Chiropractic Care
- Techniques Of Chiropractic Helps Relieve Pinched Nerves In Fayetteville AR
- How To Get Safe Herniated Disc Relief With Chiropractic In Fayetteville AR
- Fayetteville Chiropractor Sports Pain - Chiropractic Wellness
- Fayetteville Chiropractor Pinched Nerve - Chiropractic Wellness