In addition to drinking plenty of water, you need electrolytes. They are minerals that you body uses to contract muscles, fire nerves, and break down fats amongst other things. Electrolytes are also essential to nerve function and growth. The best source isn’t from Gatorade or other sugery sports drinks; it’s from Green Leafy Vegetables. It’s very important to find a way to get more GLVs in your diet; I recommend at least one serving every meal. Most find salads to be the best way, but it has to be a hearty salad with no iceberg lettuce; it has practically no nutritional value.
Some of the best GLVs are Kale, Spinach, Mustard Greens, Cabbage, Romaine Lettuce, and Turnip Greens.
I even bring them into breakfast. Here is a great smoothie recipe
- 1/3 Kale
- 1/3 Spinach
- 1/3 Frozen Fruit
- 1-2 Tablespoons of coconut oil (to help with nerve growth)
Fill half way with Juice (apple, orange…) and the other half with water. Try to get juice that isn’t from concentrate because there will be a lot less sugar.
It’s a great way to get all the nutrients to start your day full and energized!
Latest from Dr. Orie Quinn
- Chiropractic Wellness In Fayetteville AR, Puts A New Twist On Chiropractic Care
- Techniques Of Chiropractic Helps Relieve Pinched Nerves In Fayetteville AR
- How To Get Safe Herniated Disc Relief With Chiropractic In Fayetteville AR
- Fayetteville Chiropractor Sports Pain - Chiropractic Wellness
- Fayetteville Chiropractor Pinched Nerve - Chiropractic Wellness