Butter, cream, and whole milk all use to be considered “superfoods”. The ancient Greeks would eat a bowl of cream before battle or competitions to give them strength and endurance. Good fats can be very powerful and helpful in maintaining blood sugar levels and weight. In fact when not enough right fats are eaten blood sugar levels drop and sugar and refined grains are craved in order to quickly boost it back up. It’s this increase of consumption of sugar that leads to the gaining and maintaining of weight as well as numerous other health issues.
Butter is one of my simple solutions to helping patients overcome sugar addictions and decreasing their sugar intake: avocados, nuts, olive oil, coconut oil and coconut milk also get added in to that list. We have been taught to fear fats, but the truth is we should be thinking about how to add in healthy fats to breakfast, lunch and dinner. There are many products now that are sold with the guarantee of being “fat free.” Be weary of such products unless they would naturally be low in fat.
These good fats should also come from organic sources whenever possible. In the example of butter, the amount of added hormones and antibiotics that are in non-organic butter can lead to and cause their own set of health problems.
So remember, It’s Time For Butter!!!!
Latest from Dr. Orie Quinn
- Chiropractic Wellness In Fayetteville AR, Puts A New Twist On Chiropractic Care
- Techniques Of Chiropractic Helps Relieve Pinched Nerves In Fayetteville AR
- How To Get Safe Herniated Disc Relief With Chiropractic In Fayetteville AR
- Fayetteville Chiropractor Sports Pain - Chiropractic Wellness
- Fayetteville Chiropractor Pinched Nerve - Chiropractic Wellness