Over the years there has been a huge array of passed over research illustrating the importance of saturated fats and too much skewed and altered research presenting it as bad. For years trans-fats that are found in such things as Crisco were included as a saturated fat when performing research. It has been proven that even a 2% consumption of trans-
fats increases your risk of heart disease by 23%. That is huge. As this knowledge has come to light, our view of fats needs to change.
Your body needs saturated fats from such sources as tropical oils (like coconut and palm oil) and meats: they help build hormones, transport vitamins, lower cholesterol, are antiviral, and even help prevent cancer.
WHAT TO DO:
-Use organic butter. Butter is a healthy food that has received a bad rap
-Use coconut oil to cook with.
-Use olive oil cold to drizzle over salads or fish
-Eat raw fats such as from avocado and nuts
Latest from Dr. Orie Quinn
- Chiropractic Wellness In Fayetteville AR, Puts A New Twist On Chiropractic Care
- Techniques Of Chiropractic Helps Relieve Pinched Nerves In Fayetteville AR
- How To Get Safe Herniated Disc Relief With Chiropractic In Fayetteville AR
- Fayetteville Chiropractor Sports Pain - Chiropractic Wellness
- Fayetteville Chiropractor Pinched Nerve - Chiropractic Wellness